Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with "scary," "spooky," "haunted,"
or "forbidden" in the title.~From Scooby-Doo

Mar 3, 2008

Introducing.... Dotee Dolls!

I was made aware of a new craze hitting the crafting/sewing world - Dotee Dolls. They are cute, sassy, quirky and sometimes ugly! They were created by a woman named Dot who lives in Australia. She had no idea it would become such a hit and that women all over would pick up her idea and run with it. So who caught the bug??? You guessed it! ME! Here is my very first gal:

Introducing "PENNY":


And here's a close-up of her face. She has lovely blue eyes and a silver beauty mark to book! Check out that lovely head of swirled silver button hair!

One of the 'trademark' features of the Dotee Doll is the beaded 'tail' and the hanger at the top. This little lovely was made from a bunch of Valentine fabric scraps and beads I've had hanging around forever! I had such fun pulling her together and it was very cathartic! If you'd like to make your own you can find the tutorial on Dot's site. Dot also does lots of other beaded and embellished art dolls and ATC cards - lots of eye candy if you have time to check her out!
I truly did not want to let "Penny" go - but the reason I did her was for a swap. So...the next morning after her photo shoot she was packaged up for a very long trip to Malaysia! Happy landings Penny! I should be receiving my very first Dotee -to keep -shortly and will post a pic after she arrives - I believe from the UK. Aren't they cleverly cute! Feel the Dotee luv and have a Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Ben and April said...

Hello,

I am the one who won your beautiful apron during the Bloggy giveaway! I just wanted to let you know that I love it! You did a great job!


Thanks so much,

April

vannasmom said...

Love the dottee doll!! Of course I would love to learn to make one , but dot's blog has been marked private , is there anyway to get invited in there , so I can learn to make one??
thanks a lot dawn!!